- A current full New Zealand driver’s license is required, or a full license from your country of origin.
- If the license is not in an English language format, then an international license is also required.
- Drivers’ names and licenses are recorded at the commencement of hire.
- A deposit of NZ$400 is required to secure your booking. The balance of monies owing to Campasouth is payable at pickup of your vehicle.
- All hire costs are to be paid in full, prior to you taking delivery of the campervan. Payment may be made by Visa/Mastercard (incurs 3% credit card fee), international bank transfer, or cash.
- Our day is a calendar day, not a 24-hour day. Vehicles are available from 9am on the day you commence your hire, and must be returned by 4pm at termination unless prior arrangements are made.
Cancellation Fee Schedule
- Confirmed hires subsequently cancelled incur a cancellation fee as below:
- Up to 30 days prior to pick up of your campervan — 50% of your deposit
- Within 30 days of your pick up date — 100% of your deposit
Insurance, Excess/Bond, Exclusions
Comprehensive insurance cover is included in the daily hire charges.
- If you are aged over 25, there is an excess of $3500 on all campervan claims, and this is represented by your bond. If you are aged between 21 and 25, then the excess is $6,000.
- Motorhome (premium vehicle) excess is $4500/$7000 on all claims.
- The bond is fully refundable upon return of the campervan in reasonable and clean condition, with all equipment intact, without damage or involvement in an accident, without liability to any third party, with a full tank of fuel, LPG cylinder in place, toilet empty and cleaned (if supplied), and all traffic offences paid for. Any traffic offence notices that arrive after your departure will be charged through and a copy of the ticket will be provided.
- Insurances do not cover:
- water submersion
- saltwater or fresh water damage or immersion damage
- serious damage to tyres caused by driving while a tyre is flat due to a puncture
- willful damage
- damage caused while driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- costs to retrieve a bogged or stranded vehicle
- The following roads are regarded as unsuitable for Campa South’s campervans:
- Skippers Road (Queenstown)
- Ninety Mile Beach (Northland)
- Ball Hut Road (Mt Cook)
- North of Colville Township (Coromandel)
- Our campervans MUST NOT be used on these roads.
- Other roads may be deemed unsuitable from time to time and you are expected to heed the guidelines and instructions of road signs posted by territorial and statutory authorities.
One Way Hires
- One way hires may be subject to relocation costs.
Roadside Assistance and Repairs
- All our campervans are maintained to a high standard. In the event of a mechanical problem, an AA Service Agent will provide roadside assistance.
- Free roadside assistance does not cover keys locked in vehicles, flat batteries caused by leaving headlights on, bogged or stranded vehicles, the cost of which is to be met by the hirer. Metro area callout fee $90; rural fee varies.
- We reserve the right to substitute a comparable vehicle at no extra cost in some circumstances. This substitution shall not constitute a breach of contract and does not entitle the hirer to any refund in whole or in part.
- Layouts of vehicles may vary slightly due to manufacturer’s modifications of designs.
- Any illustrations on this website should be considered as indicative only.
- Campa South will not be liable for any other costs, charges or damages, whether consequential or not, as a result of delay in providing or failure to provide the campervan.
Extension of Hire
- Subject to availability, amendments to increase the length of your hire attract no penalty.
Late Return of Campervan
- If the campervan is kept beyond the contracted rental period without authorisation, a rate equal to double the “Super Peak” summer daily rate will be charged.
- Please be advised that Campa South Rentals reserves the right to treat booking amendments as cancellations, at its discretion.
- With the exception of seeing eye dogs for the blind, no animals are permitted in our campervans.
- All vehicles are supplied with a full tank of fuel at the start of the hire, and must be returned with a full tank at the end of your hire. If a van’s fuel gauge needle is not covering or above the “Full” line on the fuel gauge upon return there will be a refueling fee payable in addition to the cost of the fuel.